BVI Business Companies are perfect for doing business on the internet!
- Directors do not have to be resident in the BVI
- Shareholders and directors can meet anywhere in the world
- Shareholders and directors can meet by electronic means as long as they can all hear each other
- BVI does not impose income tax, capital gains tax or withholding tax on BVI Business Companies
- BVI does not impose estate tax on the shareholders of BVI Business Companies
- Depending on the laws of the shareholder’s tax jurisdiction and proper structuring, BVI companies can earn and accumulate income and capital gains tax free
BVI Business Companies are ideal for holding real estate located outside your home country too!
Holding real estate outside your home country directly may trigger estate taxes on your death. Using a local company to hold the property may not solve the problem because many jurisdictions will treat local companies as being subject to estate tax as well. However, companies formed outside the country in which the real estate is located are generally not subject to local estate tax.
Using a local company to hold property may not solve the problem because many jurisdictions will treat shares in local companies as being subject to estate tax as well.
There are four steps to forming a BVI Business Company with Coverdale